Monday, October 7, 2013

On Dr. Strangelove

I know we haven't seen Dr. Strangelove together as a class, but it is one of my favorite Kubrick films.

I came across an article recently on Stanley Kubrick's diary and brainstorming for the title of the movie, Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.  It's a mouth-full but that's the genius and irony of it.  I love the various titles Kubrick came up with, such as The Bomb and Dr. Strangelove or: How to be Afraid 24 hrs a Day.

Of all the titles listed, I'm glad he chose the one we all know and love today.  The title in itself is as sarcastic as the film.  Anyway, below is the journal entry in which he scribbled away tons of titles.



Source: http://blog.paperblanks.com/2013/02/famous-diary-entries-kubrick/

No comments:

Post a Comment